Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter!!

Easter! The real celebration for Christians! "Anyone can be merry at Christmas" as my pastor says. "But Easter is the real deal." I sang at my church in the choir for both services today and had so much fun. What a fantastic service! Mom drove over to watch me sing and my Big Sis and her boyfriend came too.

So driving back to college-town yesterday to get to choir rehearsal, Dora (my car) had a tire blow-out. 14 miles from my college, the tire decided to give out. So I puttered at ~40 miles the rest of the way after calling Dad. I checked the tired and didn't see anything wrong with them at the time, so I thought it was mechanical. However today after church, my Mom and I pulled into the apartment parking lot to find the tire completely flat. On the plus side, it's way better than we anticipated. A tire is way easier to replace (and cheaper) than the engine or the tire rods and such. Not cheap, but better than we could have hoped for. So Dora lives on.

Mom brought me back home after the amazing church service and my puppy and I took a nap on the couch for a while. Then, I watched a movie I LOVE but haven't seen in ages: The Brave Little Toaster. Such a great movie. :] One thing I noticed today watching it, I didn't notice when I was younger, was the line "Of course he's graduating! He's a hard worker!" One of those underlying messages that's just barely touched on, but still important. So there, children! Work hard and graduate! Anyway, it's a great movie that's so cute and still makes me laugh even after all these years. Those early Disney movies have a way of doing that.

Tomorrow I go back to college-town, riding with the boyfriend, and get Dora to the Walmart car repair center thing. Hopefully Wally World will take good care of her and get her fixed soon!

I spent time with the rents this evening playing Rummikub and Mastermind (with Mom) and really enjoyed it. Good bonding time before I head back to school.

Ok, this post would be longer but I'm starting TOBI again tonight and don't like to use my laptop with TOBI. Makes everything gross. Instead, I'll be continuing reading a book by Betsy I bought the other day.... OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I left it in my apartment because I was reading it last night.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........... Ugh I have to wait until I can keep reading it. Boy that's frustrating. Now I have to find another way to entertain myself for 30 minutes... I guess I'll pick up another book for the time being.

ANYWAY, I was going to say that it's such a good book already (a few chapters in) and I'll give a baby-review on it when I'm done. The link to her blog is on the side --->
and on my last post.

Night and Happy Easter!
-Annie

1 comment:

Betsy St. Amant said...

Oh No!!!!! lol Glad you care enough to miss it =) Enjoy reading when you get it back! hehe and Thanks for the posted link!