Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

4-year-anniversary


My goodness has it really been 4 years?? Yep, I remember it clearly. April 7, 2006, sometime in the evening on my couch in my old house, my boyfriend asked me out. It hasn't been 4 years "solid" due to a few rough patches along the way, but we're past that. But for the most part, it has been 4 whole years. Ups, downs, and everything in between, and somehow we still end the day with an "I love you too". The worst times were when he was in college and I was in high school. It was just difficult to say the least. He didn't know much about what I was talking about (especially by my senior year) and I had no CLUE what he was talking about in college. But we made it through. He's been with me when I'm in the hospital as much as he could. And when he couldn't be there I'd still hear from him. Things got way better when I got to college. We could finally spend time together swimming, working out, etc. and not have to worry about how to pay for these things. We eat most meals together and I see him almost every day, if even for only a minute. We study together, play games together, watch movies together, go to church together, cook (and do dishes) together. He takes out my trash, he changes my car tire, and drives me to Walmart when I don't want to go but need to. I can be myself around him, no matter how goofy that may be (and he's just as goofy when he's just with me). He works so he can have money to take me out. He goes to college to afford me. And most important, he loves me. :]

4 years holds a lot of memories. I've written a lot of them down over the years on blogs, in journals, and other places and I'm thankful I'll be able to go back later and read them. We've both changed a lot since my freshman year and definitely for the better. I hope everyone has a great day because I will. I'll post about it in the next few days.

-Annie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw. *warm fuzzies*

Congrats!