Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Why am I blogging?


Good question. Partly for me and partly for anyone who happens to cross by my site. My main reason: I have a disease that many people have that not enough people know about. I honestly started this up with the unrealistic hope of half the world reading it and deciding "oh! Yeah! Let's help this cause!" Or at least be more educated about it. I'm literally dying for a cure. Ha, funny but not.
Cystic fibrosis. Most people I've talked to either have never heard of it or will say "hmm... I've heard the name..." like it's someone that goes to their church. If you look for it online, it might scare people. I know it did a few of my friends/family. I won't get into the nitty-gritty details of it now because I'm really not feeling up to it.

Ultimately, if all of my friends on Facebook read this blog, 9/10 of them wouldn't have known prior to reading it that I had some disease. I don't hide it (anymore) but I don't walk around school with a giant sandwich board that says "I HAVE CF. ASK ME ABOUT IT."

So why am I going semi-public about it now? Because to me, this is an important cause and I want more people to know about it. Millions of people know about Breast Cancer and now people and companies are working hard to raise money and support the search for a cure. Well, I'm ready to see purple-coated M&Ms in support of fighting for a cure for CF.

So I'm starting NOW in getting my story and my message out to gather up more support in finding a cure and making CF stand for Cure Found.

-Andrea

No comments: