Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh the Irony

I go into the hospital feeling fine. I leave feeling like crap. Ooooh the irony. Is this something I picked up from the hospital? There were very ill children in the rooms surrounding me. All it took was one germ crawling across the hall, under my door, and onto ANYTHING that I drank, ate, or took via IVs. Or is this something I picked up from the boyfriend? He's been sick too. Or did he get it from me? Or did HE get it from the hospital when he visited me? OR is it my sinus infection gone bad? The world may never know.

Regardless, the end result: I'm sick. How can someone on IV antibiotics get sick?? Not sure, but I did. lol. Naturally. :P

Stuffy nose, hacky and chesty cough, tired, and dizzy on occasions. Everyone says that sleep is the key but with these IVs, sleep is still inevitable. Sure, I get more sleep at home than I did in the hospital, seeing as no one is checking my vitals every hour, but sleep is still interrupted. And I'm REALLY tired of being couped up in the house, which isn't helping anything. Getting anxious. asdkjhgakldkjf.

I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm not trying to. More of just commenting to myself on my blog. Keeping a personal record of my health and noting the inevitability and irony of my staying sick until my IV comes out. But, to make things EVEN more interesting, if my PFTs are worse than before I got the PICC put in, then the PICC stays in. That would not be optimum in my personal opinion. We shall see.

We shall see.

-Andrea

This was the PICC when I had it put in. It look a little different now but the same idea.

2 comments:

Betsy St. Amant said...

So sorry honey!!! =(

leah said...

Bleh.
PICC lines.