Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Adventures of Room 521

Day 1:

I had to wait until 2:40 to get my PICC line put in, but it's in. And I did it without any mind-altering to calm me down. I'm *really* proud of myself. I just took my iPod with me to the radiology room and listened to the guys jokes while putting it in. It went well.

I had quite a number of visitors today. That always makes me happy. And I got 2 of the IV treatments in yesterday. My arm was pretty sore but that was expected. I took some ibuprofen and went on with my day.

Overall, everything was fine. My day was a little stressful and nerve-racking, but we're ok now! :]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2:
How is ANYONE suppose to get better in a hospital if they can't get any sleep?? lol I mean really. People in all through the night checking oxygen levels and temperatures. Really people, I'm fine. I promise. I came into the hospital feeling fine and I'll leave that way too.

Chris has a fever so he won't be back today. :[ I appreciate his efforts on not getting me sick, but I'll still miss him.

The word is that I'll be out Wednesday afternoon. YAY! That means back to school on Thursday and Friday.

Today has been pretty mellow. Oh! But my arm doesn't really hurt anymore. It did when I used it a lot to pull my hair back and when I dried it after my shower, but in general, it doesn't hurt at all. That's more good news. :]

Lunch is here. The food here isn't bad. Yay Sutton's!

-Andrea

:]

3 comments:

Betsy St. Amant said...

What's for lunch?

I felt the same way when I was in the hospital having Audrey! I wanted to sleep so bad the night before and the night after but that stupid blood pressure cuff would go off like clockwork every stinkin' 15 minutes. EVERY FIFTEEN MINUTES. And squeezed stinkin' tight. That actually hurt worse than the labor process. lol So not kidding!!!

Cindy Hockenjos said...

I hope by the time you get this your HOME! Hospitals are definitely not places of rest. I agree and see someone else does too. Your comments on your blog are very honest and heart-felt. It has always helped me to write. I have never been brave enough to put it out there for the world, but I have journals and once the "dark cloud" has passed on whatever phase of life, it is good to go back and read and see how God has blessed me through the trial. I look forward to hearing you are home and kicking that soccer ball!

Unknown said...

Pfft. No one gets sleep in a hospital!