Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hot hot hot!

Look, I know it's May, I know I live in the south, and I know the humidity is always high... but seriously I should not feel this hot. I've been "dunking" my head into the freezer to cool me off! I still sleep on ice packs. I'm in a tank-top and shorts today and am still on fire even when the AC is turned up and directly on me. What is wrong with me?! I know I am always warm when I feel sick, but this is awful.

Ok, time to tell the story of my freaky illness on Wednesday. Monday night, I pulled an all-nighter to get homework done for a test I had at 8am Tuesday. Then I slept for 12 hours Tuesday night and studied the second half of Wednesday (because I had class and then rush workshop). So my friend Samantha and I were studying at my apartment until 2:15am. We had just finished when I commented on how dizzy I felt. I stood up and was really dizzy and nauseated. She asked what she could do to help. I said that since I thought it was because I was tired, I just needed sleep, so she left. I called Liz because I knew she was close and studying all night and she's in nursing school now. She said I needed to drink some water. I stood up to go get some and I fell to the floor, too weak to move. She asked if I could get to the door to unlock it. "No". So I woke up my roommate and she unlocked the door instead. This is 2:30am. I get back in bed and Liz gets me water. She feels my skin and I am hot to the touch. I am on fire. She grabs and icepack for my back (which I still sleep on) and Dr. Pepper cans for under my knees and one for under my chin. The room was spinning down and to the left. She got me a trashcan so I could throw up if I needed to. She also got me crackers to get the salt off of (usually makes me feel better) and to munch on something. Liz stayed with me until 5:30 that morning when I finally felt good enough to go to sleep. I still haven't recovered. I'm still burning up all the time (see first paragraph) and I feel nauseous a lot. I think the nausea is from the antibiotic but I'm not sure what the heat is for. Oh, and we took my temperature: 97.1 I'm just weird.

I still don't feel well right now so I think I'm going to eat some more soup. It usually helps things. It puts food in my system without overloading it. Ughh... I'm ready to feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if I knew what was causing me to feel sick, that would really speed up the process.

-Annie

ps. My neighbor upstairs that I know saw me walking to my door today. She gave me a sideways look and said "I didn't know you lived downstairs....." My (already sick) stomach did flips. We'll see tomorrow what happens with that. Nothing, I hope.

No comments: