Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The gym, and such.


I was supposed to have an Intramurals soccer game today, but our competition didn't show. That frustrated me because I was really pumped to play soccer. I've missed it so much! So, already dressed for physical activity, I decided to go to the gym. *huge sigh*

Needless to say, I still don't like running. Sorry, but I don't. But I still went to the gym. On my way to the track, I glance into our blue gym and see some guy in the very back kicking a soccer ball against the wall. I shuffled through 2 different basketball games to get to this guy. I called him over. "Hey, do you want someone to just kick the ball around with?" "No." Wow. Shot down. "No, I mean, my game was canceled and I just really want to play." He half-smiled and nodded and gave me the ball. "Your game cancel?" That's when I understood he was a foreign exchange student and didn't quite understand me, not a really rude kid. He looked like he was from the India area, but it was hard to tell. We spoke very little, but ran drills (ugh) that involved long sprints (UGH!!). After a few minutes of that, I was tired so I sat and stretched (that's what all the good soccer players do when they don't want to admit they're tired. "I just need to stretch, hold on.") After that, we just repeatedly kicked the ball at the gym back wall for about 10 minutes. He finally said "I think I'm done." I shook his hand, said it was nice to meet him, and watched him walk out.

I have no idea what is name was or where we was from. We spoke very little, but communicated very well. It's crazy how sports can connect people from across the globe together. After that, I called the boyfriend to see if he wanted to work out, but he was going later with a friend. So it was just me... and the track. *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

I was already a little tired from playing soccer, but I ran. I am not sure how many laps around this track is a mile (I've heard 10, I've heard 16) but I ran 12 in 7 minutes (which makes me think it's 16...). I sat on the track afterwards and coughed so much and so loud, I had the rest of the gym staring at me (it's a raised track above the part of the gym with all the weights and machines). I'm pretty sure everyone thought I was about to keel over.

I can't run very far yet, but I'm trying. I am. I pushed myself today, and that makes me angry that I can only run that far. I'll keep running...

Oh, and just as a side note, I was so zoned out from running and walking back to my apartment that I tried to open my apartment door by using the clicker that unlocks my car. *sigh*

-Andrea

No comments: