Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Friday, October 9, 2009

A Concert Epiphany


I went and listened to the Cypress String Quartet yesterday when they visited my college. If you ever get the chance to hear them, do it. They are fantastic. That's not the point of this entry though. While I was listening to their concert, I did a bit of thinking too. Music does that too me. I contemplate. So as I'm sitting there, thinking about nothing in particular, I was hit with something big for me: I get to listen to this beautiful music. (Deep, right?) I started thinking of all the great things I get to experience in life: this music, soccer, friends/family, my puppy, sorority life, college, ETC.! Then I tried listing things I didn't get to do because CF held me back: very few soccer games, a few classes (OH DARN....), a birthday party here and there, Thanksgiving dinner one year...

When comparing the lists, I realized my life is not as affected by CF as I like to imagine it is during my pity parties. Like the reaction when I told one of my friends: "Oh no! I knew a girl who had that. She almost lived through her second lung transplant... she was 17 and a week from graduating high school..." Newsflash Andrea- that isn't you. At all. You're a few weeks away from being 19, in college, and are quite healthy!

This recently epiphany, the looming doctor's visit on Oct. 20, and a recent desire to work out have contributed to my recent good health. And I'm excited to announce that it should stay that way. I'm running, working out, piggin' out, sleeping lots (usually), and am overall pretty happy about life and the stuff that's in it. And a positive attitude is a large part of our overall health!! And it doesn't hurt that today is Friday.

-Andrea (Annie)

No comments: