Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hospital Stay- Saturday

I have developed a skin allergy to the clear dressing for the PICC line. So as of late last night and now still into Saturday, my eyes are puffy and my left arm (where the PICC is) is covered in red itchy bumps. They gave me benadryl last night and today but it's not helping too much. They also changed the dressing to a more cloth mesh dressing instead of the clear adhesive.


Allergy


New dressing

My tobra levels came back and they were too low. So instead of getting a tobramyacin does every 24 hours, I'm getting a dose every 8 hours. So now I have 8 antibiotic doses each day instead of only 6. They are going to check my levels again after 3 more doses and if they are good, I *might* be home by Monday afternoon, Tuesday for sure. If the levels still aren't good, I have to wait another 3 doses to try again. Each retry is two more needle sticks in my arm.

I'm getting a little homesick.

I was a specimen for the med students today. It's a learning hospital. I don't like that. It was a serious blow to my self-esteem today. After talking to Mom some, and getting a nice shower, I feel a little better.

I'm standing and walking as much as possible today. For instance, I'm standing up while typing this post. I'm so sick of being in that hospital bed. I know that it's not helping me get better, so I'm up and about now. Standing for about 10 minutes has already helped me feel like I can get through this feeling good about everything. I'm fighting.

-Andrea

No comments: