Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Friday, July 23, 2010

Gut problems

These last few days have been really rough on my gut. Remember those stomach problems I have? The stricture in my colon? Yeah, well it gives me problems sometimes and these last few days have been rough. Today while I tried to cook dinner (because I needed to eat despite feeling sick), there were times when I had to crumple up on the floor in pain for a few seconds while the worst of it passed. I'm still doing that now, sometimes curling up and sometimes stretching out. I'm really not sure what makes to decide to curl vs. stretch, but neither really help or hurt, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something. I didn't finish my dinner, but I did get about half of it in before calling it quits. I was dreading doing my Vest this evening, with all of the stomach pain/nausea, when I remembered that I did (what I thought was) an extra Vest session this afternoon!! So yay for trying to be a get-ahead patient and ending up solving that problem before I knew I had one.

Mom refills my pill box when I'm home (yay!) and it looks much less intimidating now that we've gotten rid of a few pills. I've also, at the recommendation of one of the CF doctors at clinic, replaced the NeilMed saline sinus rinse with an Ocean Spray. I used the Ocean Spray right after my sinus surgery so I remember it from before, but never thought of using one over the other. I mentioned my nose-bleeds after using the NeilMed and how discouraging that made rinsing and hoped for a solution. We'll see if this is it!

Treatment is done, I'm so tired and maybe a good night's sleep will make my gut feel better... that's sometimes the case.

-Annie

No comments: