Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Sunday, January 24, 2010

What a week!

This really has been one of the worst/longest weeks of this quarter. And I'm so glad it's over.

Monday- A day off and I spent it doing homework.
Tuesday- I did my presentation and took my test. I did fairly well on both of them. I went to my lab, but due to a mix-up, came in late and got yelled at and kicked out. I cried because those lame miscommunications, when concerning school, don't happen to me! Luckily, I contacted my TA and got it all worked out. That night I played some soccer and came out with a bunch of bruises and a limp.
Wednesday- Didn't make it to my 8am (so tired...) but drove in for my doctor's appt. (summary after this). I went by Casey's house to visit her new puppy, which made me really happy! Drove back and went to a self-defense class that night. After that, I studied with a friend for a few hours until around 10pm. I was so tired.
Thursday- Went to my two morning classes and went to the lab right after that (on time!). Right after that, I had a soccer game and then studied until 11pm for a test the next morning.
Friday-8am bio test. Then I went and napped until noon. At 1:30, I did yard/house work to prepare for Sigma Kappa Parents Weekend, until 5pm. I ate dinner at my Big Sis's house and we watched a movie until 9:30. Then I cleaned my apartment until a friend called me to talk faith. We talked for an hour or so and I realized it was 1130 when I got off the phone. I still had to finish cleaning the apartment since the rents were coming at 10am.
Saturday- 10am: Desserts with Mom. 12-3: Bowling with Dad. Then we drove out to my local church so they could meet some of my friends. Then we went by my great-aunt's house here because we haven't seen her in a while. Banquet then from 6-8. I then spent from 9-12am comforting a friend through a hard time. Then Casey spent the night with me.
Sunday- I got up for church at 9. Cooked lunch and went to choir at 3:45-4:45. Meeting at 6. And now, I'm watching the Saints game.

*deep breath*
I'm still really tired.

I'm supposed to go play soccer tonight at 9:30, but I think I'm gonna pass this week. It's been too much and I need some sleep. Some serious sleep.

Ok. Doctor's appointment. I lost 3lbs (grrr) but my PFTs were up! My FEV1 was 71% (Up from 64%) and another thing... (the FFV? Or something?) was 94% (up from 70%). The peak flow results are up from always around ~510 to 540 EU. It's always good when, as the CF Dr. looks over my results, she smiles. They are letting the slight drop in weight slide this time, but they just don't want to see it continue. She is so proud of me because of the life-choices I'm making and the good head I have sitting on my shoulders. She gave my mother and me high-fives and asked if she could clone me and have a whole clinic of me because "it's refreshing to see CF patients getting out from Mama's wing and still taking care of themselves because THEY want to and they know they NEED to."

So last week was rough, but this week will be better. And thank goodness. I need it.



jkray622 said...

Yay on the good Dr visits! Don't feel so bad about losing weight--since you're doing all this exercise stuff! You should just start lifting weights to put on a little bulk instead of all this cardio work...

Andrea said...

I would love to, but I have to do all of the cadio for the respritory benefits. I might have to just add the muscle strength training on top of the cardio.