Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Precipitation

The snow has come and gone (but it supposed to return on Thursday!), but that hasn't stopped the water from falling!... through our ceiling. Something happened and between the time my roommate left the apartment and I came back, our bathroom was FLOODED. It came from our neighbor's bathroom above us. We're not really sure what happened, but water came pouring out of the ceiling on the back wall, into the bathtub with enough force to soak the edge of the mat closest to the bathroom door (and everything in between). I even found water droplets on the door frame. I called housing and they came pretty quickly. They went upstairs to "have an eyeball" at it. I heard really loud metallic noises from inside the ceiling, water running, loud banging, and then silence. Nothing since, either. I never heard back from the guy, but I haven't heard the people above us use any water either (which we normally hear... loudly). So I still don't know if it's fixed, and that was a few hours ago.

I just really don't want to be in the shower tomorrow morning and get showered on with a different, unwanted water source too. Hopefully it's fixed and that will be the end of it.

Here are two pictures. Our bathroom after I've hung up the mats to dry and put towels down to soak it all up and another one of where the water came through.





-Annie

No comments: