Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Quarter, well, so far

I'm on day 2 of Spring Quarter and I can tell this quarter is going to be a doozy. My biology class, even with the same professor as last quarter, jumped up about 100% in difficulty. My psych class may not be hard, but it will be hard to focus! The room is long and narrow, and filled to the brim with students, and I'm about 9 rows back sitting behind a large boy. Not to mention I have 4 sorority sisters in that class with me. So seeing, hearing, and listening will be difficult! My chemistry class I will really enjoy. My professor moves at a fast pace, but I've seen all of this material before so it won't be bad. My math class... ugh. I don't predict it will be very hard either. The professor goes at a crawling pace for those who are taking the class for the 3rd time. No joke. And lastly, my bio lab, which I haven't been to yet. We'll see how that goes.

So about 1/2 the classes will be difficult, for one reason or another, and the other half I just have to not get behind. The most annoying part is the homework. Last quarter, I had minimal homework and it was wonderful! This quarter, I have online math homework, online chemistry homework, and the psych professor assigns stuff regularly. Not to mention bio labs being due. And while it looks like my biology class is being kind and not assigning homework, the studying will take up all of my time anyway! Unlike last quarter, each test is cumulative. Oh fun.

I applied for being a camp counselor for (mostly) under-privileged students in the area for over the summer and I got it! They assigned me to 3 different weeks of camp: one session in June and two in July. During those weeks, I'll be living on my college campus working with middle school and high school students from 8-5 every day, at least. I will be TIRED but it will be rewarding. I'm a little nervous (fear of the unknown) but also really excited. I know it will be a great experience!

Right now, I'm also filling out an application for my college's Union Board. I'll find out March 26th if I've made it through the first round of cuts or not. Then an interview. We'll see about that too!

I'm really trying to get involved more and build up a good solid resume'. I sometimes feel I have too much down-time, and I really want to be involved more!

So in 11 days, the boyfriend turns 21. How crazy!

Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, I have clearly pulled out of my depression slump. Finals + TOBI + no sleep + monthly cycle + winter weather + homesick + just the normal ups and downs of life = the depression slump. It happens, ya know? But it's a new quarter, wonderful weather, and while I don't always want to go to class (already! haha) I love seeing a whole new group of people and friends I may not have gotten to see that often previously. :]

Also! My big sis Liz chopped off all of her hair over break!! She also donated it to Locks of Love. What a sweet family we are. ;]

No comments: