Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"Thank you..."


Yesterday I did something I had never, ever, ever done before and never, ever, EVER dreamed I would ever even do. (It's not a juicy story, so don't get all worked up, haha)

BACKGROUND:
I'm ill. With what, I couldn't tell you. I had mentioned in my last post that it wasn't the flu, and I still think it's just a cold. Either way, I'm coughing so much that for the second day in a row, I still don't have a voice. It's BAD. I'm convinced I cough all night while I'm asleep and wake up even more hoarse, not letting my voice heal over-night. Most of my coughing has been dry coughing (not producing any of the mucus I need to be coughing up from my lungs) and that doesn't do me any good. So last night I sat down to do my Vest and about 6 minutes in, I have this wonderful productive cough that makes me feel so much better. I turn to my Vest... "Thank you...". People, I hate that thing. I cannot stand my Vest. I do it like I'm supposed to, but I don't like it. When I'm sick to my stomach, it makes me feel worse, and it's just annoying in general. I know it has health benefits which is why I do it even if I don't want to. So it was quite a unique moment when I turned to my Vest and thanked it for helping me, for doing its job.

So while I may hate it, I do appreciate its help. So here's to you Vest. And the fridge you sit on.

-Andrea

No comments: