Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thoughts from an Alumni

Graduation has come and gone. I got my diploma, my final report card, and walked out of Hirsch a different person.... an Alumni. That word makes me feel old. Like I owe the school money now. (Actually, the school owes me $200 for a scholarship....)

So far, nothing really seems different. It hasn't really sunk in that I'm *DONE* with high school. Not yet. Sometimes, like when we were back at the school while everyone was in class and we were pulling a senior prank, but not most of the time. It's just... strange.

It's a little scary because Magnet was so comfortable to me and I enjoyed that warmth of knowing all the teachers and most of the students and my way around. Now I'm going off to a new school in a new city with new teachers and new students. I'm up for the challenge, don't get me wrong, and I'm looking forward to meeting and making new friends, but it's a little intimidating. Luckily, I'll know enough people there to get around campus pretty easily.

First post-surgery sinus infection. NOW I finally understand how sick I used to feel all the time without realizing it. Wow, this sucks. I'm so drained of energy and my throat is me. Plus my sinuses hurt again. Haha how did I live like this for so long??

OH OH! I also learned one other thing: try hard in school. All 4 years of high school. They really, really, really do matter. All of them. Make straight A's. Just do it.

'Nuff said.

-Andrea

1 comment:

Betsy St. Amant said...

They so matter! lol Good point. Hopefully someone will take that advice!!