Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Monday, April 22, 2013

I spoke too soon.. Vertex update

http://www.xconomy.com/boston/2013/04/18/vertex-pharmaceuticals-booms-on-cystic-fibrosis-combo-drug-study/

This is a great article.  It explains things relatively simply (maybe only mildly because I understand the lingo) and touches on everything from the stock jump to the study results.

I'm pleased. Yes, just pleased.  I'm petrified.  But ecstatic.

Did you watch Zero Dark Thirty?  At the end of the movie, when the red haired lady was in the plane and had accomplished her goal that it took most of her career to do, what did she do?  She cried.  The thought running through her head is "Now what?"  That's the best way to describe finding a cure.  Now what?  Everyone is always saying "be excited! Live your life! You have a cure, or something so close to it!" And that's more amazing than I could ever describe in words, but I've literally wanted a cure since I was old enough to understand what was going on... so then what?  It's ok if you don't get it.  You don't have to.  But I do.

However don't mistake this feeling for disappointment or unhappiness because it is the total opposite.  I couldn't be happier.  But I'm terrified.  Just know that.

-A

No comments: