Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving!! Last year, I had a PICC line on Thanksgiving so I didn't eat much at all. The antibiotics just made me feel full and not so great. But this year, I'm PICC free and ready to shovel food!! This year, Thanksgiving Lunch will be eaten with my parents, the middle brother, his wife, new baby Carter!, and my grandmother. My aunt/uncle and the boyfriend will be joining later for cards and games. We may have other family members drop by, but these are the people we know for sure are coming.

Oh, I guess I should mention that my puppy and my brother's puppy are coming over to play with each other. And they're not really little puppies anymore (Coach is over a year and McKenzy is almost a year) but they will always be puppies to me. :]

So I've been withholding information from the blog for people's privacy, but I'm ready to shout it out: I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT AGAIN!!! My other brother's wife is now pregnant (only a month behind her sister in the pregnancy!) and they told our family this past Saturday. Obviously, I'm really excited. Being an aunt is the fun part. Except when you have to fight "grandma" for baby time. Like yesterday! I was holding Carter and my mom so desperately wanted to hold him!! But he was content and sleeping and I knew if we moved him, he would cry. I didn't want that, so I held him until he actually needed to have his warm clothes on before they left. My argument was that she will have plenty more time to spend with him than me, since I'm about to go back to college. Let's see how many times I can pull that card!

The boyfriend came back yesterday from visiting his sister. It was really great to see him. I really did miss him! He dropped by my house for a minute (which is all I asked for) before going all the way home so I could see him. I ended up going to his house later, which was a lot of fun. I hadn't seen his family in a while since I don't go over there as often anymore. It was nice to see them all again.

Tomorrow is Black Friday, the craziest shopping day of the year. What do I do? Hide. I don't leave my house. Tomorrow will be my day to sit and study for the Chem 100 credit exam. I'll probably go out on Saturday to do some Christmas shopping, but not Friday.... *shivers*

Lunch is an hour and a half away!!! Time to get ready for the day. :]

Don't forget what you're thankful for!!

-Annie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh believe me, we'll be playing that card for years to come. Within a year, she'll have probably spent more time with Carter than we will in a decade... :( I know Grandma is happy, but she's gotta share!

When we went over there last weekend, Jason was holding him and she tried to intercept to hold him before I had had a chance!