Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26

Saturday, November 7, 2009

....duh

So I realized today that the Vest works better if you take deep breaths. Wow. It seems like it would be common sense, but I never figured it out until now... 8 years after I got it. Go figure.

Today was a *fantastic* day. Let me tell you what happened:
I was up at 6 (this was not the good part) and leaving town by 6:30 to drive 35 miles to another city to do a Memory Walk to support Alzheimer's research. The walk didn't start until 9, but I went early to help set up. I went with my sorority because Alzheimer's research is one of our major philanthropies. After we left and made it back to college-town, I chilled in the apartment for about 45 minutes (roommate hadn't woken up until after I got back). Then I left to go to my friend Stephanie's apartment. From there, we drove to the lower fields and supported the seniors in our sorority in the Flag Football Tournament, hosted by another sorority on campus. We were out there for several hours, but THEY WON!! 1st place!

From there, Stephanie and I decided to just drive. Didn't matter where. It was such a pretty day and we didn't want to be cooped up inside. So we got gas and took off, singing songs and chatting it up. We ended up going to a nearby lake. It was so beautiful and calm.
We stayed there.... really not sure. We lost track of time skipping rocks and talking. We went back home and she cooked dinner (chicken, rice, and broccoli) with some other friends. It was so much fun.

What a life!!

-Annie

(p.s.- if you're not feeling well, don't do the serious breathing thing with the Vest. I just discovered it makes you feel 10000x worse.)

No comments: